Ingredients; (2 people)
* any kind of gnocchi (1 pack = 500 g)
* half of onion, clove of garlic
* 500 g of mushrooms (I prefer shitake)
* salt, pepper, thyme (fresh or dry), smoked paprika, chives and half of glass of white wine
* this meal is also excellent vegetarian – than you use 1\3 cup of double cream and top it with parmesan cheese
1. Chop the half of onion. Put a little oil in a pan and sauté it. Add 1 clove of crushed garlic.
2. Add sliced mushrooms (slice it the way you prefer) and simmer for 5 min.
3. Meanwhile boil the water for gnocchi.
4. To the pan with mushrooms – add white wine, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, thyme and cook it down for 3-4 minutes. Add gnocchi to a boiling water and cook until they rise to the surface (2-3 min)
5. To thicken the sauce use one spoon of flour and mix it with water (with the fork) to form a smooth paste and add it to sauce – stir it well.
6. Add cooked gnocchi into the pan with the sauce, and sprinkle some fine-chopped chives over them.
For a vegetarian version – put some double cream in the sauce 3 min before the end and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
This meal is the quickest meal to prepare. It can be done in just 10 min if you chop up the ingredients before you start cooking. 🙂
It is very fulling and we enjoyed it very much for our lunch today.
I was serving this meal with a big bowl of salad – made of mixed green leaf salad, some baby spinach and radish.