Ingredients; (4 people)
* 3 cans of beans (any kind of beans you prefer, I usually take 1 can of red kidney beans and 2 cans of beans in Mexican or chili sauce)
* 1 can or one bottle of your favorite tomato sauce or tomato passata and tomato puree
* small can of corn
* 1 & 1/2 of red onions, 1 clove of garlic
* 2 different colored peppers
* 1 fresh red chili
* 150 g of macaroni pasta (any kind)
* salt, black pepper, veg bouillon, dried coriander, dried chili, tea spoon of healthy sugar
* red wine and some flour mixed with water for the thickening
This stew can be made non gluten if you use gluten free flour and gluten free pasta.
1. Chop the onion and crush the garlic. Put some veg oil in a large pot and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
2. Chop the peppers into half an inch squares and add them to pot.
3. Add half of glass of red wine (any kind) and cook it for 3-4 minutes.
4. Put in tomato sauce or passata and 2 tea spoons of tomato puree.
5. Boil half of liter of water and add it to the pot. Use seasoning – salt, black pepper, veg bouillon, dried coriander, dried chili, tea spoon of healthy sugar.
6. Stir in 1 freshly chopped chili.
7. Add pasta and cook for 15-20 minutes.
8. In the end mix in the beans from the cans and corn. For the thickening use flour mixed with water (2 large spoons of flour should be enough, mix it well with water before you add it to the pot). Cook for 5-7 min and it is done.
For decoration you can chop some fresh coriander and few pieces of avocado.
This stew is very rich and delicious. Perfect for cold weather or Mexican night. We eat it with sliced bread or I make a side of corn polenta with herbs.
I cook polenta as instructed on the package and I add some fresh chopped chives, coriander and parsley.
Great thing about this whole meal is – that you can cook a whole pot and it could be eaten the next day… just use your imagination. You can use it in wraps or tortillas, with some cheese and bake it in the oven. You can stuff some peppers with this if you add some cooked rice with it. You can put a layer of cheese on it and bake it in oven/aga as a casserole.