KABOCHA AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP (VEGAN)January 31, 2016
EGGPLANT LASAGNA (VEGAN)February 19, 2016
Another delicious quick soup for rainy days. Even in this time – all the main ingredients came from our English vegetable garden. The only veg still standing strong in the garden are leeks and chard.
Ingredients: (4-5 people)
* 3 large leeks (mine came from the garden)
* 2 large potatoes
* 1,5 large onion
*2 garlic cloves
* ½ cup of white wine
* salt, pepper, veggie stock (powder or cubics), cumin, nutmeg
- Cut the leeks and wash them.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them to medium 1 inch pieces.
- Chop the onions on small pieces.
- In a large pot, put in onions and smash in 2 garlic cloves. Add some oil and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Add the wine and stir until the wine is gone.
- Add the leek, potatoes and all the spices – salt, pepper, veggie stock (cubic), cumin and nutmeg. Stir for a minute.
- Add 1,5 litre of boiling water (or normal water and bring to boil). Cook for 35 minutes.
Use the blender and blend the ingredients in the pot to a texture you prefer. Use chopped chives as a decoration.