GIANT COUSCOUS AND HALLOUMI SALAD (VEGETARIAN/ VEGAN OPTION)January 30, 2016
LEEK – POTATO SOUP (VEGAN)January 31, 2016
KABOCHA AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP (VEGAN)
Ingredients: (4-5 people)
* 1 large butternut squash or 2 smaller ones (you can also use any yellow, orange squash)
* 1 sweet potato
* 1,5 large onion
* 1 stalk of celery, 1 carrot
*2 garlic cloves
* 2 normal potatoes
* ½ cup of white wine
* salt, pepper, veggie stock (cubic), cumin, nutmeg,
*1 tablespoon of pumpkin seed oil (if you don’t have it, you don’t need it especially for this)
- Cut the squash to smaller pieces – peel it first.
- Peel all 3 potatoes (sweet one and others).
- Cut the celery and carrot on small pieces. Chop the onions.
- In a large pot, put in onions and smash in 2 garlic cloves. Add some oil and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Add the wine and stir until the wine is gone.
- Add the squash, potatoes, celery, carrot and all the spices – salt, pepper, veggie stock (cubic), cumin and nutmeg. Stir for a minute.
- Add 1,5 litre of boiling water (or normal water and bring to boil). Cook for 35 minutes.
- Use the blender and blend the ingredients in the pot to smooth soup. Use chopped chives as a decoration.
This is a typical winter warmer. I like this soup – like the color, like the texture, love the smell and the taste.