GIANT COUSCOUS AND HALLOUMI SALAD (VEGETARIAN) / VEGAN OPTIONJanuary 30, 2016
LEEK – POTATO SOUP (VEGAN)January 31, 2016
This is a typical winter warmer. I like this soup – like the color, like the texture, love the smell and the taste.
Ingredients: (4-5 people)
* 1 large butternut squash or 2 smaller ones (you can also use any yellow, orange squash)
* 1 sweet potato
* 1,5 large onion
* 1 stalk of celery, 1 carrot
*2 garlic cloves
* 2 normal potatoes
* ½ cup of white wine
* salt, pepper, veggie stock (cubic), cumin, nutmeg, 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seed oil (if you don’t have it, you don’t need it especially for this)
- Cut the squash to smaller pieces – peel it first.
- Peel all 3 potatoes (sweet one and others).
- Cut the celery and carrot on small pieces. Chop the onions.
- In a large pot, put in onions and smash in 2 garlic cloves. Add some oil and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Add the wine and stir until the wine is gone.
- Add the squash, potatoes, celery, carrot and all the spices – salt, pepper, veggie stock (cubic), cumin and nutmeg. Stir for a minute.
- Add 1,5 litre of boiling water (or normal water and bring to boil). Cook for 35 minutes.
Use the blender and blend the ingredients in the pot to smooth soup. Use chopped chives as a decoration.