~ Welcome to my blog ~
I’m Nella, I am 33 years old … I am a soul wandering on this planet. I’m from Slovenia, and I have been living in England for around three years now…
I started with nothing else, but my curious mind and a heart lounging for adventures and fulfilling life. I am still surprised and very grateful, that my life took the turn it did. I come from very humble beginnings, but l assure you; that’s not how my life will end. If l knew one thing since being a young child – it was this one; that deep yet strong feeling; that my Life will be remarkable. And it sure didn’t looked that way for the first 25 years.
But things changed, lesions had happened, knowledge has been gathered and the time came to implement them in my Life. More than ever before. Like one girl said – Walk your talk. So here l am; writing about what it takes to change your Life around. What it meant for me.
I am sharing with you my journey of the past and the future, a journey of my present moment, a journey through my thoughts, my passion for cooking, my passion for this experience called LIFE – which contains constant self-growth, change, traveling, living in different countries; but staying true to my soul (heart) and my inner purpose.
❇One topic presented on this site is my life (with my partner and our dog Gaia). A representation of 5 and a half years. It’s a story of 2 average people who decided to stop being average. The idea was to change our lives from average comfortable living to a living based on experiences and creating a reality that is made for your needs at that specific time. Learning new things as we go along and implementing them in day-to-day living. This blog is written like a storyline. It goes in this sequence;
– RECOGNIZING ILLUSIONS 2012 is the beginning of the story (my mindset, my perspective on life and exploring who we are)
– THE BEGINNING OF THE SHIFT 2013; a breaking point; where the change of our lives began; gathering certain knowledge and information
– EARTHSHIP BIOTECTURE May 2014; was my first trip to USA, first time flying with an airplane, lots of first memories ❤️
– SHROPSHIRE & WILTHSHIRE; Why England?? – October 2014; moving to england with 1000€, full car and a 50 kg dog. It’s hard to believe even now – how well the plan worked. Proud of myself.
– HERTFORDSHIRE; The road to happiness – May 2015; our third and fabulous position in Hertfordshire. Thoughts and new perspectives.
– PRAGUE November 2015; a get away weekend to a Transmission Prague.
– FRIENDSHIP AND TRAVELING December 2015; living in England over a year; 10 days trip back home.
– THE WINDS OF CHANGE March 2016; what’s ahead of us and the changes we are facing
– OREBIC, Croatia June 2016; getting back home to Slovenia and long longed coastal Croatia
– THE LIFE THAT YOU SEEK, ALSO SEEKS YOU September 2016; new beginnings and the unknown ahead
– OXFORDSIRE/COTSWALDS November 2016 – 2018; our current position (lasting a year already) and a plan to settle here for few years
– BARCELONA, Spain March 2017; a short trip to Barcelona with the girls
-more to come…..
❇Another topic (which I’m passionate for and complimented a lot) is cooking. Vegetarian and vegan dishes made simple. Local ingredients, simple cooking, goodies from the garden. Lots of main dishes, salads, soups and sides. 🙂
So, on this website I will be sharing the recipes that are very dear to my heart. The food that I’m cook regardless of where my location. I’ve cooked this type of food in Slovenia, United states and England. And who ever had the opportunity to try it – absolutely loved it! Some recipes are traditional Slovene with a little twist (made vegan or vegetarian). Hope you will enjoy food topic.
A shortcut to the delicious recipes – VEGAN & VEGETARIAN RECIPES.
“Eating is a natural, healthy and pleasurable activity for satisfying hunger. However, in our food-abundant, diet-obsessed culture, eating is often mindless, consuming, and guilt-inducing instead. I discovered that our eating habits affect the world far more profoundly, than I have ever dreamed. They have an impact, which extends far beyond issues of our own health. We believe that we now know enough about food and our eating habits, but we couldn’t be more wrong. None of us is questioning why we eat the way we do – why we choose certain foods. And the answer would be in most cases – because we were brought up this way. Ignorance is causing needless suffering. Daily eating choices impact the environment greatly. Thus, changing your eating habits may prove to be one of the most effective ways to help preserve the environment. Fortunately, the choices that benefit the environment often keep you healthier, too, while leaving you with a wide variety of delicious foods to choose from.” This is the quote I once read that really made an impact on my perspective about eating habits.
I was lacking true knowledge on this topic for 28 years …But, I have been living the last 4 years a little less ignorant on food topic – and still have lots of work to do.
The book that really changed my perspective and feelings about what I eat is World peace diet by Will Tuttle. “Until we are willing and able to make the connections between what we are eating and what was required to get it on our plate, and how it affects us to buy, serve, and eat it, we will be unable to make the connections that will allow us to live wisely and harmoniously on this earth. When we cannot make connections, we cannot understand, and we are less free, less intelligent, less loving, and less happy.” -Will Tuttle
Hope you will enjoy the journey I’m taking you on, I very much look forward to reading your comments and thoughts. Hope you will learn something new and that you too will have the courage to change your Life.
My hope is to change your perspectives at least a little bit. If not, maybe a small seed of change will be planted … Somewhere, someday …