This recipe is my all time favorite one. ♥
I found the inspiration to make this – in a nearby pub called The Anchor. It is the place where I and my love like to eat out (the food tastes really good and there are few vegetarian/vegan options). This salad was my favorite meal on the menu – and for some reason they took it off the menu in winter (apparently this is not winter food). And then one day – I decided to make it myself. It was a first time I ever cooked couscous. But in this recipe – giant couscous is the way to go.
In the main – this dish is vegan. If you grill the halloumi cheese with it – you will get a perfect vegetarian meal. I eat it both ways.
Ingredients for 2-3 people
* 1,5 cup of giant couscous
* ½ cup of sultan raisins
* 2-3 tea spoons of tomato puree
* 3 spring onions (or half of red onion)
* mixed salad leaves
* ½ yellow pepper
* 8-12 cherry tomatoes
* 3-4 small radishes
* 1 avocado
* 4-6 pieces of halloumi cheese
* 1 piece of garlic bread
* 3 table spoons of white wine
* oil, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and seasoning for the salad (I use pumpkin seed oil – which I use on absolutely every salad, red wine vinegar and salt)
Cut 1,5 spring onions on tiny pieces. Put a little oil in to a large pan. Add the onions and stir for 2-3 minutes.
For a vegetarian option – top it with grilled halloumi cheese.
Whoever tried this meal (made under my hands) had fallen in love with it. I was never a couscous lover – but this is my top recipe now. I love this dish more than anything. ♥