Ingredients; (2-3 people)
*3 large zucchinis
* sour cream (if you want vegan dish, ditch the sour cream)
* 1 onion, 1 clove of garlic
* 1 free range organic egg
* 1 cup of flour and a pinch of bicarbonate of soda, salt, black pepper
* fresh parsley and fresh chive
1. Put the potatoes in boiling water. Don’t peel them. Cook for 35-40 minutes (usually the larger ones take 40 minutes). When cooked, put them in cold water.
2. Meanwhile shred the whole zucchinis in to colander and salt them a little so they will water up.
3. Squeeze the shredded zucchinis into a bowl, add 1 cup of flour with a pinch of soda bicarbonate, add the egg, half onion (cut to small pieces), cut the garlic and add it to a bowl. Mix well.
4. Use a large spoon for taking out the mass. Heat up the pan with veggie oil – so it covers the bottom. With the spoon add the patty and just squash it down a little. Repeat with rest of the mass, put in as many as you can, watch that they don’t touch each other. It will fry for 2 – 3 minutes on one side. Turnover and fry till golden brown.
5. When done – put them in a bowl with the lead. On the bottom use paper towel so they will drain excess oil. Cover them – so they stay worm.
6. Peel the cooked potatoes. In a saucepan heat the veggie oil and add half of the onion (cut them to small pieces first). Roast the onion till golden and then add the potatoes ( hold the potato and cut it straight to the pan). Add salt and pepper and finely chopped parsley. Mix together till the potatoes are hot. I promise – this is the best way to eat potatoes (Slovenian style).
7. Serve the potatoes with 2 or 3 zucchini patties (for each person) and some sour cream topped with fresh chopped chives.