Ingredients for 1 batch:
* 1 and a half can of chickpeas
* 1 jar of sun-dried tomatoes
* 1 tea spoon of capers
* 1/2 of red chili, 1/2 garlic clove
* 1/2 teaspoon of mustard
* fresh basil leaves
* 1 tea spoon of lemon juice
* salt, pepper
1. Put the sundried tomatoes in a mixing bowl with all the oil. Blend with a hand blender (or other blender that you may use).
2. Add the chickpeas, chopped chili and half garlic clove. Blend everything with a hand blender.
3. Season with salt, black pepper and a teaspoon of mustard. Squeeze some lemon juice over it.
4. Mix well and add some freshly chopped basil leaves.
We eat this hummus for breakfast, brunch, sometimes dinner. 🙂 We just toast some bread (we eat gluten-free bread) and spread this hummus over it. I also use it for veggie sandwiches or in tortillas. It can be used as a dip as well.