MUSHROOM SOUP (VEGAN)November 8, 2015
SUN DRIED TOMATO HUMMUS (VEGAN)November 8, 2015
BARLEY SALAD (vegan)
Ingredients: (3-4 people)
* 200 g of barley (soak over night)
* 150 g of small tomatoes
* 1 carrot
* 2 spring onions
* 2 different colored peppers
* 1 can of red kidney beans or chickpeas
* 1 small can of corn
* 1 can of peas
* hemp seeds or chia seeds
* pumpkin seed oil and wine vinegar (or your favorite salad dressing), balsamic vinegar, balsamic syrup
* salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, fresh chives
* if vegetarian use 1 spoon of mayonnaise
* rocket leaves
- Cook the soaked barley for 30-35 minutes in boiling water with a little bit of veggie stock or bouillon.
- Cut the tomatoes and peppers to small pieces. Cut the spring onions to small rings. Put everything into large salad bowl.
- Add the cans of versatile veggies. (listed in ingredients)
- Season with salt, pepper, Italian herbs, pumpkin seed oil or sesame oil, wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, splash of balsamic syrup. Always taste while seasoning the salad and adapt the quantity by your taste.
- Add cooked barley – but cool it down first. When cooked just run some cold water through it.
- Mix all the ingredients well together. Sprinkle with some freshly chopped chives. If you eat mayonnaise mix 1 tablespoon in the salad.
- On a plate – arrange some rocket leaves on the plate and then add the salad. Use some carrot shreds to garnish.
This salad is rich and fresh. It looks colorful and inviting. If you are gluten intolerant or don’t like barley – use gluten-free pasta.
Salad is also very good – if you substitute fresh and canned veggies with roasted veggies.