Ingredients: (4-5 people)
* 1 onion
* 3 stalks of celery
* 2 carrots
* 1 pepper
* 1 cup of mushrooms
* 4-5 large potatoes
* fresh sage, thyme, salt, black pepper
* 2 tea spoons of tomato concentrate
* 1/2 cup of red wine
* 1 cup of veggie stock or broth, 1 tablespoon of flour
1. Peel and cut the potatoes to 1 inch pieces and boil them in salted water.
2. Cut the onion, carrots, celery to small pieces and put them in larger pan to simmer for 10 minutes (with a little bit of oil).
3. Chop the mushrooms, pepper and add to the pan. Season with 3 leaves of chopped fresh sage and 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme. Add 2 smashed garlic cloves.
4. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of flour (can be gluten free) over the roasting veggies and stir well.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of tomato concentrate and half of cup of red wine. Also put in the veggie stock (1 cup). Salt and pepper according to your taste.
6. When potatoes are cooked, drain the water – put in 2 tablespoons of vegan butter and some rice milk. Mash it up. (for vegetarians – you can make regular mash potato with butter and milk).
7. On the bottom of the baking dish – lay and spread the veggie mix. On the top – lay mush potatoes. Salt and pepper to the taste. Spray with little bit of veggie oil and bake in aga for 20-25 minutes.
I’m writing this recipe – while my vegan cottage pie is in the aga. 🙂
Can’t wait to taste it. I also made some tomato salad with it (tomatoes, spring onion, half of cucumber, salt, pumpkin seed oil, vinegar). I just like the combo of something sour with my mush potato dishes.