Yet another dish that I tried to “recreate” out of my head. My love and I often eat in this village Anchor pub near Ware. We love their spicy bean tart – that comes with chips and salad. This is my interpretation of it. Enjoy.
Ingredients; (3-4 people)
*pre bought pastry for quiche (puff pastry or pie crust) without eggs
* 2 cans of beaked beans (organic ones are without harmful ingredients)
* 1\2 of red pepper, 1\2 of yellow pepper
* 2 smaller tomatoes
* half onion
* 1 red chili
* fresh herbs (thyme and sage)
* Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, chili flakes, salt, pepper
* 2-3 table spoons of all-purpose flour
* dairy free margarine
* vegan cheese (I use violife prosociano)
* crushed almonds or other nuts
* porridge or oats
1. Rub the baking tray with veg.oil. Roll the pastry and put it over a baking tray. Cut the corners so the pastry is round. Arrange into a trey. With the end of the knife – make the little “holes” on the bottom.
2. In a separate pan – use a little veg.oil and simmer the ½ onion. Add 2 colored peppers. Stir for 3-4 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes and fresh herbs. Little bit of salt & pepper.
3. Add 2 cups of baked beans and chopped red chili. Stir around for 2 minutes.
4. Pour the mixture on the prepared pastry. Fine grate some vegan cheese over it.
5. For the crumble – take 2-3 tbsp of flour, add smoked paprika, chili flakes (if you like the hotness like I do) Italian seasoning. Put 1 tbsp of dairy free margarine in it. Add 2-3 tea spoons of porridge or oats and crushed nuts. With the fork – slowly combine the components together till you get crumble. Arrange crumble over the beans.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes in the aga or in the oven.